We're almost there, however, there are many crossroads with choices that might cut the way or make it so longer.
Let's start resuming what we have, later we'll talk about what we could do.
Main improvements from 1.7 and 1.7.5
- Jeroen Arsenal & Garage System JAGS:
unique interfaces for storing/retriving gears and vehicles
- Persistent save backups by integrating iniDBI2 serverside mod by code34
- Automatic personal save in multiplayer: keep your gears if disconnect within 100m, keep your stats for multiple campaigns.
- Dynamic Roadblocks and no longer loose Undercover: enemy will build them accordingly with a "frontline" system and road type.
- Adapting zone markers to reduce density: play freely in Kavala and Gravia without loosing performances.
- CSAT rework and fix: don't make them angry, or they'll really destroy towns, if you dare beeing aggressive, be ready for punishment.
- AAF Attack and Counterattacks fixes: minimized the chance of endless fight.
- Change class in singleplayer: just interact with the Ammobox.
- In-game detailed guide on the top left corner of the Map: check it online and comment it freely.
- New campaign in multiplayer restricted behind Parameters: trigger it at mission selection screen to prevent bugs about autorestart.
Mission stable and playable under the most of circumstances.
So? Antistasi was great so far, why you say that?
Yes, Antistasi is an unique mission and we all thanks Barbolani making this possible.
However there is a foundamental problem: Number of AI.
by experience we stated that a client can handle properly 100 AI, and an Headlessclient up to 150, after 200 everything is bad.
There are many ways to overcome this issue, hard to tell which is the best and possible one. So, we're back to the crossroads mentioned above.
1) Adapting the current by compromises, that's what I'm (Stef) caring about
2) Writing a brand new code (remote future?)
3) LordGolias project: enhance the multiplayer assigning to player machines the load of certain AI
4) WotP dynamics might resume all the points above.
Smarter AI acting like a real army.
Who didn't had a sadface when sniping or using a tank from afar and seeing enemies confused and unable to properly react?
Probably not everyone, however that's poor quality in our point of view.
WotP isthe best candidates that, when be completed, will guarantee dynamics that make sniping or tank usage a complex and rewarding choice.